26 February 2009

eBay Virgin

Yes, it's an embarrassing confession: I am an eBay Virgin. I have never bought or sold anything on eBay.

My kids buy stuff on there all the time. But it all seems so time consuming--searching through pages and pages of, um, stuff to find what you want. Placing a bid. Placing another bid. Waiting to see if you win. Waiting to see if you receive what you think you won. And what the hell is PayPal?

I guess I'm just a simple girl. When I need to buy something, I like to get in, get what I need, and get out.

However, we recently had occasion to give eBay a try. When we picked out and ordered our granite (yes, I got the granite) we also had to choose a sink because, as everyone knows, it's way cool to have an undermount sink. And with a new sink, of course, we had to have a new faucet. I'll be ranting about the "domino effect" of home renovation very soon.

Anyway, we got the sink from the same place we bought the granite because their prices were comparable to those at the local home improvement stores. Their faucets, however--not so much. The one I liked was $1,800.

Obviously, this was out of the question. Someone (not me) thought we should try eBay. We typed in "kitchen faucets" and got over 5,700 results. Are you kidding me?

So Chris sorted through them and found one to bid on. We used Josh's account. After messing around with the bidding all evening, we lost. It was stupid. eBay is stupid.

So we went to Lowes, got what we needed--I mean, what we wanted--and got out. Simple.

2 comments:

  1. oh, I am SO with you!! I've never eBayed either! Ebay Virgins UNITE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its called BUY IT NOW haha then you never lose

    ReplyDelete